Would you love to own a business running art classes for babies, toddlers and children?
Are you looking for a career that you can fit around the changing needs of your family and home life and that allows YOU to choose when and where you work?
Are you enthusiastic, creative and do you love working with children?
Are you not afraid to get messy?!
Would you like to be part of a team of like minded people with ongoing advice, support and assistance when you need it?
If the answer to all of the above is a big “YES” then an ARTventurers licence may be just right for you!
Fiona launched her very first toddler art class back in 2008 and has built up a wealth of experience in running her own childrens art activity business, both as a part of a franchise and as an independent business. She’s done all the hard work – through trial (and error at times!) she’s developed session structures that provide a range of stimulating, fun, enjoyable, creative activities for children (and their grown ups), spent hour upon hour researching, trying out recipes and activities (some with fabulous results, some near disasters!), worked hard to develop a recognisable and strong ARTventurers brand and grappled and got to grips with all of the legalities and paperwork involved in setting up and running your own business providing activities for children.
When you become an ARTventurers licensee, all of the hard work has been done for you in terms of branding, session plans and structures, resource and equipment lists etc. Everything has been tried and tested so no need for costly mistakes or hours spent researching and trying to find out answers and information …..which means that you’re ready to start earning money almost immediately! All you’ll need to do is find some suitable locations to start up your first sessions and get to work marketing them!
One key thing about joining ARTventurers as part of our team is that we all work together cooperatively to swap and share advice and pool information. We all have the same passion – encouraging children to become involved in creative play from an early age and to explore, experiment and use their imaginations! Our sessions are very much child led and based around free flow activities – whilst we provide session plans, ideas, themes and much much more we firmly believe that each licensee will have their own creative ideas and energy which will be your business’s most valuable asset! It’s about taking ideas and adapting them, responding to the needs of the children who attend your sessions – and most of all having fun!
I’m interested in joining the ARTventurers team, what do I need to know?
· When you join the ARTventurers family you’ll be provided with an exclusive 2 year licence to run ARTventurers classes (Baby ARTventurers and Little ARTventurers), parties and events in your defined geographical area. This can then be renewed on an annual basis for an ongoing fee.
· Included in your licence fee you will receive :-
– An invaluable Start Up Support Package including information and advice on essentials such as insurance, health and safety requirements, obtaining appropriate CRB checks, risk assessments etc
– Start up marketing support package including use of ARTventurers logo and branding, marketing material templates, advice on use of social media and other advertising
– Your own business email address, facebook page and twitter account, all set up for you!
– Listings for your sessions and other events and your own personal profile on the ARTventurers website and promotion through our social media accounts
– ARTventurers branded T shirt and a start up pack of ARTventurers stickers
– 12 months worth of ARTventurers tried and tested session plans including holiday session plans covering a wide variety of different themes
– Templates for all of the forms you’ll need like class and holiday session booking forms, registers, party booking forms, risk assessments and accounts information
– Valuable resource pack including messy and sensory play recipes, essential start up equipment list and details of where to purchase equipment, resources and materials
– Guidance, structures and session plans for ARTventurers parties and events
– Extensive start up support and ongoing support and advice during your licence period together with access to an exclusive licensees forum!
What start up capital will I need to start my business?
There is an initial low cost investment of £1200 to purchase the 2 year long licence in your exclusive defined area and then an affordable monthly fee of just £30 per month, regardless of how many sessions, parties or events you run. This allows you to run both Baby ARTventurers and Little ARTventurers classes if you wish, as well as parties, holiday classes and other events. Once you’ve bought your licence you’re ready to start earning money pretty much straight away!
We estimate that in addition to the licence fee you’ll need to have start up capital of around £600-700 in order to purchase the essential equipment and resources in order to get started, comply with the necessary regulations and requirements and purchase the materials needed to kick off your very first term of ARTventurers classes!
What else will I need?
In order to run your business effectively you’ll need to be able to drive and have your own car with a large boot. You’ll need to be fit and healthy as the work involves lifting and carrying equipment. You’ll also need space at home (it could be a spare room, a shed, garage, utility…) in order to store equipment and materials.
If having read all of the above you’d love to find out more about joining in the colourful, creative fun then get in touch! You can also find out more about by reading our own Licensees Stories – their experiences of setting up their very own ARTventurers business!
This website and its content is copyright of ARTventurers – © ARTventurers 2011 – 2013. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. You may not recreate it, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.